Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iTunes 9 keeps asking for my password

(I think since upgrading to +iTunes 9+ - certainly only recently) iTunes keeps asking for my password (for Store), even though I have 'Remember Password' checked.

Anyone any ideas, please?

TIA!

Mac Pro, Xeon, Mac OS X (10.6.2), Clean machine... no haxies; no Microsoft etc

Posted on Nov 13, 2009 4:17 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Dec 28, 2009 1:25 PM

I have the same problem. I bought a TV series and have 4 episodes left to download. I had to disconnect at one point and then I tried to continue my download. It prompted me for my password and then transferred me to my account details. It continues to ask me for my password and I continue to put it in. Eventually it says 'error = 8003'. *** do I do?? I've never had this happen where I can't solve it on my own. HELP!
34 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Dec 28, 2009 1:25 PM in response to Mark Sealey

I have the same problem. I bought a TV series and have 4 episodes left to download. I had to disconnect at one point and then I tried to continue my download. It prompted me for my password and then transferred me to my account details. It continues to ask me for my password and I continue to put it in. Eventually it says 'error = 8003'. *** do I do?? I've never had this happen where I can't solve it on my own. HELP!

Apr 13, 2010 4:24 PM in response to Mark Sealey

Since upgrading to 9.1, I'm having a similar problem. There was a problem with remembering passwords in 9.0, which was fixed in 9.0.3, but has returned with a slightly different twist in this latest version.

When I try to download an app update or purchase anything, I'm asked for my password. When I enter it, I'm taken to the account page, I verify that everything's correct, click OK, and I get sent back to the page I was on before I clicked "buy" or "download updates." I dutifully click on the download button again, at which time things proceed as expected. The drag is that, every time I try to make a transaction of any kind, I have to go through the above process, which is both tedious and unnecessary.

Has anyone who's contacted Apple about this heard anything? I'm going to add my voice to the request for a fix, …

Apr 15, 2010 4:17 AM in response to umparrothead

Well, it looks like I'm in good company but no one has a solution. Constantly entering my password and the confirming the account info screen is a pain. Looking forward to a solution if anyone finds one.

This could be related...I'm using MobileMe (not much actually) but I do get frequent requests to enter my password to synch keychains. I assume that means it is synching between my MBP and MP.

iTunes 9 keeps asking for my password

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.