Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

MagSafe 60W Charger Model Number?

I just purchased a MBP 13in model and it came with a 60W Magsafe charger *model A1330*. I wanted to get a replacement charger so I can leave one at work and take another with me in my bag instead of having to disconnect all the time and pack it up. Anyhow...I decided to check eBay since at the Apple Store they are $79 for a new one and I figured a used one would be fine. On eBay they all say *Model A1184*. or A1184 replacement for A1330.

So is A1184 an older model or code for a cheap Chinese knockoff? I don't want to spend any money on a knockoff, I'd rather just pay more for the real one in that case. Thanks!

iMac 20in (Intel), MacBook Pro (2.53GHz), Original iPhone, Mac OS X (10.6.2)

Posted on Nov 13, 2009 4:13 PM

3 replies

Nov 15, 2009 5:18 AM in response to carl wolf

Honestly I have no idea why they would do that but when you go on eBay all the "MagSafe 60W Apple Chargers" are model A1182 and not A1330. Also when I looked on Amazon I found this one:
http://www.amazon.com/Dekcell-ADAPTER-MAGSAFE-MACBOOK-MA538LL/dp/B0013OIRAC/ref= sr11?ie=UTF8&s=electronics&qid=1258290758&sr=8-1

And in the comments below someone said it is a knockoff. So I wanted to clarify. I asked at the Apple Store and they just shrugged their shoulders and directed me to what they had on the shelf (A1330). If it is the model number of a charger that came with the previous generation then maybe I will take a chance on one from eBay from an individual and not some big warehouse seller.

Thanks.

MagSafe 60W Charger Model Number?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.