Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

PowerBook G4 will not eject CD

Hi there,

I inserted a CD into my PowerBook G4 which supposedly has photos created from another Apple machine. This CD was not able to be read on a friend's Mac either. It was unable to be read by the PowerBook and does not show up in Finder. Usually, I would simply hold the Eject key and remove the disk, but this does not seem to be responding. I have added the Eject icon to the Menu bar, and still no luck. The cd does 'spin' (an attempt at reading) each time I shut/open the PowerBook or reboot. But so far I am unable to get the CD out of the superdrive.

Help please!

PowerBook G4, iPhone G3, iMac, Airport Extreme, Airport Express, 16Gb iPod, Mac OS X (10.4.10)

Posted on Nov 14, 2009 5:34 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Nov 14, 2009 5:39 AM

Restart your iBook and hold down the click-bar on your trackpad; if you have a mouse attached, click and hold on the mouse instead during startup. That should eject the cranky disc.

-Douggo
4 replies

Nov 14, 2009 9:40 AM in response to Suzanne Butz

Hi Suzanne,

Glad that Duggo had the fix.

Like many others, fuzzy labeling has landed you in the PowerMac G4 forums for late-model desktop machines like the picture under my name at the left. The G4 PowerBooks have separate forum areas, broken down by model. You may wish to go there for future questions. Find your specific version and follow one of these links:

G4 PowerBook Titanium case 15-inch
G4 PowerBook Aluminum case 12-inch
G4 PowerBook Aluminum case 15-inch
G4 PowerBook Aluminum case 17-inch

PowerBook G4 will not eject CD

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.