Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

How to convert MPEG2 to MPEG4

I am using a Panasonic D-300 camcorder that records to mini RAM disks. It came with proprietary Windows editing and burning software but the Mac-compatible Pixela software is unreliable. One needs to convert the videos from MPEG2 to MPEG4. I am asking for your advice which applet or program will accomplish that.

I want to simply get the original scenes off the mini disk for re-use in the camcorder and burn them to a DVD for showing in the telly or friends' computers.

If there are any programs on the market that allow a few days trial to test if they work, or any free ones, please make your suggestions. I have installed a USB Asus DVD burner in order to off-load the mini disks into the iMac 20" for processing.

Thanks,

iMac v.X, Leopard, Mac OS X (10.5), Panasonic Lumix, video DVR-D300 (mini-RAM), Gateway/XP2

Posted on Nov 14, 2009 10:31 PM

5 replies

How to convert MPEG2 to MPEG4

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.