Apple’s Worldwide Developers Conference to kick off June 10 at 10 a.m. PDT with Keynote address

The Keynote will be available to stream on apple.com, the Apple Developer app, the Apple TV app, and the Apple YouTube channel. On-demand playback will be available after the conclusion of the stream.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Need drive or firmware for Matshita DVD-R UJ-867 ATAPI

"A required CD/DVD drive is missing. If you have a driver floppy disk, CD, DVD or USB Flash drive, please insert it now".
I try the Mac OS X original installation CD, but it didn't have
the drive. So, where can I get this drive for the CD/DVD Matshita DVD-R UJ-867 ATAPI. Searched the internet, but did not find anything helpful.
Any ideas?

MacBook Pro, Mac OS X (10.5.8)

Posted on Nov 15, 2009 1:54 PM

9 replies

Nov 21, 2009 1:54 AM in response to ricardo56

So, doesn't apple respond to questions? Or just don't care?

You will have to ask Apple via their feedback site. We are all just users here, trying to help each other out.

Now about the drive, is this an external CD/DVD drive you are talking about? Your inbuilt drive shouldn't be asking for a driver. Can you give some more info about the drive in question and any installations, uninstalls, etc that you have done recently? Then we might be able to get down to the jist of your issues.

Cheers

Nov 21, 2009 6:06 AM in response to keats2010

I thought that here was Apple's support, sorry!!! Anyway, here is what is giving me a headache:
I'm trying to install (a clean one) the Windows 7RC (32bit) on my Mac Book Pro 4.1, with Mac OS X V 10.5.8, using VMware Fusion 2.0.6. My problem is, the
installation is asking for "A required CD/DVD drive is missing. If you
have a driver floppy disk, CD, DVD or USB Flash drive, please insert it
now". I try the Mac OS X original installation CD, but it didn't have
the drive. Try the Windows7UpgradeAdvisorSetup.exe, but it runs for hours and hours, and shows nothing. So, how can I solve this problem. The CD/DVD is a Matshita DVD-R UJ-867 ATAPI. Searched the internet, but did not find anything helpful. Also, I've downloaded the Win 7RC about a week before MS remove it from the site, so, I suppose it is the final version.

Nov 21, 2009 12:45 PM in response to ricardo56

Also, I've downloaded the Win 7RC about a week before MS remove it from the site, so, I suppose it is the final version

Whoooo!! let's just back up a little here. You 'downloaded' a copy of Windows 7 and tried to install it? Not a good move, let alone illegal. The final release will be on a Retail DVD that you must buy, along with a license. Am I reading this wrong? Or is this the case? A downloaded copy of Windows is also a hugh risk as far as viruses and malware etc. go.

Nov 21, 2009 6:55 PM in response to ricardo56

Hi, no that's fine. Sorry, Just thought it may have been a suspect download that was somehow incomplete or dodgy. A lot of torrrent sites and peer to peer sites are offering Windows 7 which is illegal and can be very destructive to download and install.

So, not being familiar with Windows, I would advise you to hold on until on of our much more experienced users chimes in with some advice on your issue.

Good Luck

Nov 23, 2009 6:24 PM in response to keats2010

What I need is the drive/firmware, which is impossible to find, apple's site doesn't have, and gives no clues if they have, I'm beginning to regret moving from Sony. At least, they always answered me, and always provided any drive I needed. I've try to ask apple (via their site) so far, nobody bother to answer, not even to say they dont provide any services of the nature. Man, and I though all I needed was so simple, what a cold bucket of water.

Nov 24, 2009 1:50 AM in response to ricardo56

Microsoft offered Windows 7 as a free download originally as a Release Candidate. It's perfectly legal.

I found this from microsoft, although it's not for windows 7, others have reported it has worked, see the link: http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=314060

In case you were wondering, no one has replied to your other postings on other sites as of tonight :P

http://forum.parallels.com/showthread.php?t=96424

http://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/en/w7itproinstall/thread/961fb05b-ea1 d-4ffd-b1d8-bbdf603ce03c

Here's a link from apple discussions addressing the same issue: http://discussions.apple.com/thread.jspa?messageID=7831752

Nov 24, 2009 5:12 AM in response to MacLovin54321

Thanks for the reply, but I still think that, getting the drive/firmawe, is part of the obligation apple has, it simply dont exist on apple's site, and no one from apple have the decency to give a simple answer. And yes, I've try other sites, and, most of them answered, but the problem is with apple's lack of responsebility to its costumers.

Need drive or firmware for Matshita DVD-R UJ-867 ATAPI

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.