Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

WebKitFormBoundary

I'm having problems with postings on a website that runs the WebBBS bulletin board. It seems that every posting from a Mac running Safari has a string starting with 'WebKitFormBoundary' attached to the end of some of the fields - which fields are involved seem to vary with the user but it can be all or some of the name of the poster, the subject or the message itself.

I've seen old reports that this was caused by an earlier version of Safari but my copy is up to date and I'm getting this same problem - postings with Firefox are OK. Does anyone know what is causing this problem? Is it a problem with Safari or the bulletin board software itself?

MacBook Pro, Mac OS X (10.6.1), Safari 4.0.3

Posted on Nov 16, 2009 5:03 AM

4 replies

Nov 16, 2009 11:58 AM in response to RobbieSnr

HI,

Try updating to Safari 4.0.4

Apple Menu / Software Updates.

Repair disk permissions after the installation.

Quit any open applications/programs. Launch Disk Utility. (Applications/Utilities) Select MacintoshHD in the panel on the left, select the FirstAid tab. Click: Repair Disk Permissions. When it's finished from the Menu Bar, Quit Disk Utility and restart your Mac. If you see a long list of "messages" in the permissions window, it's ok. That can be ignored. As long as you see, "Permissions Repair Complete" when it's finished... you're done. Quit Disk Utility and restart your Mac.

Also, if you are running Safari in 64 bit mode, try running in 32-bit mode instead. Right or control click the Safari icon in the Applications folder, then click: Get Info In the Get Info window click the black disclosure triangle next to General so it faces down. Select 32 bit mode. Quit Safari then relaunch.

Carolyn 🙂

Message was edited by: Carolyn Samit

WebKitFormBoundary

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.