Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Samsung MagicTune fails, no way to adjust display brightness on new mini

My Samsung monitor 960BF has no contrast or brightness buttons, you must use Samsung's MagicTune software to make adjustments. The latest version of this software (MagicTunePremium UB6.0.11) fails to work on my brand new Mac mini (OSX 10.6.2 with an NVIDIA GeForce 9400 graphics card).

I tried with 3 emails and 4 phone calls to get help from Samsung. They cannot even tell me if (not when) they plan to support newer video cards or versions of OSX. I hope to get 3 more years from this $500 higher-end Samsung monitor.

The MagicTune software starts, but the mouse clicks are ignored, almost always. On the brightness screen, the slider bar and arrows do not work to adjust the brightness.

Please help. Is anyone using MagicTune on OSX 10.6.2? Or with an NVIDIA GeForce 9400 graphics card?

Mac Mini, Mac OS X (10.6.2), NVIDIA GeForce 9400 with Samsung 960BF monitor

Posted on Nov 16, 2009 12:11 PM

2 replies

Nov 30, 2009 4:30 PM in response to John2219

I figured out a workaround.

Using System Preferences > Display > Color > Calibrate... I can adjust the white point and save the setting in a new display profile. If need, preferences lets you can switch between display profiles.

I created a profile to tone down the ultra bright white background to a warmer tone.

I would still like to hear if others rely on MagicTune or got it to work.

Samsung MagicTune fails, no way to adjust display brightness on new mini

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.