Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

ipod nano 4th generation battery is not charging in new Jaguar car

I've just got a 2010 Jaguar XKR car which comes with special cable for ipod. When I connect my 4th generation ipod nano, I get the message that the charging is not possible with this connection. However, when I connect my old ipod nano 2nd generation, it charges just fine. I presume the problem is with the cable. I'm thinking of getting another ipod (maybe ipod "touch") and wondering if anyone has any idea whether or not there are any similar issues with other ipods. Any input will be appreciated.

Mac OS X (10.5.5)

Posted on Nov 17, 2009 2:58 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Nov 17, 2009 3:35 PM

The cable in your new car should be replaced (by the installer) with the correct cable.
The message pops up on newer iPods when you attempt to charge using FireWire.
Newer iPod will not charge with FW but older ones will.
The 2nd gen nano will charge with FW but the 4th gen nano will not.
Apple notified manufacturers over three years ago that they would quit using FW to charge.
1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Nov 17, 2009 3:35 PM in response to Brooklyn Lion

The cable in your new car should be replaced (by the installer) with the correct cable.
The message pops up on newer iPods when you attempt to charge using FireWire.
Newer iPod will not charge with FW but older ones will.
The 2nd gen nano will charge with FW but the 4th gen nano will not.
Apple notified manufacturers over three years ago that they would quit using FW to charge.

ipod nano 4th generation battery is not charging in new Jaguar car

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.