Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

How do you delete iPhone's "Other" disk space?

My "Other" disk space is to close to 2GB. I don't know how to get rid of that. I've tried re-synching movies that I had on the phone then deleting them from iTunes...that didn't work. I've read on other posts that you have to restore to factory settings but won't that delete all the texts/emails, app settings, music, etc? I really do not want to re-sync all my data back onto the phone. Any ideas??

iMac 24", Mac OS X (10.5.8)

Posted on Nov 18, 2009 1:21 PM

4 replies

Nov 19, 2009 1:47 AM in response to slimsocal

After an upgrade, I once had this happen to my phone whereby the amount of "other" data increased to about 1.5GB, and the "apps" data decreased by the same amount. It was as if the data was being mislabelled. I just restarted my phone and it corrected itself. It's worth leaving the phone for 24 hours, then rebooting and seeing if that works before doing a complete restore.

Feb 4, 2010 6:52 AM in response to slimsocal

I had 4.5GB of "other" disk space on my iPhone 3GS (32GB) and the iPhone started showing me a warning that I was running out of space.

I followed Jason's post, backed up my iPhone and then restored it from the backup.

Now I have "only" 400MB of "other" disk space, not great but much better.

Just wanted to share my personal experience, it seems that a lot of people out there are having problems with this.

How do you delete iPhone's "Other" disk space?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.