Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Where is iTunes 64-bit download? iTunes.com only has 32-bit

I downloaded and installed what was supposed to be the 64-bit version of iTunes 9.0.2 only to discover after the install, that it is the 32-bit version? Where can I download the 64-bit? The filename downloaded is iTunes64Setup.exe, but wanted to install to Program Files (x86) which indicates that it is not 64-bit.

Windows 7

Posted on Nov 19, 2009 12:04 PM

15 replies

Nov 20, 2009 11:02 PM in response to jeromerich

That's because Apple never went back to XP to make a supported 64-bit version.
If you look at that download page, it says

*+Windows Software+*
+Windows XP Service Pack 2 or later, 32-bit editions of Windows Vista, or 32-bit editions of Windows 7+

+64-bit editions of Windows Vista or Windows 7 require the iTunes 9.0.2 64-bit installer+

There are various posts here on discussions about getting XP 64-bit installed and working - use the search - it requires fiddling around.

Nov 20, 2009 11:20 PM in response to Katrina S.

It appears we are getting off the original topic. One poster mentioned that the 64-bit iTunes is only partially 64-bit. Having said that, my problem is that both the 64-bit and 32-bit are buggy. The sound skips playback whenever you click the mouse, use the scroll wheel, or navigate up and down with the keyboard while viewing the iTunes window. Apple needs to get on this and push out an update for Win 7.

Nov 24, 2009 4:25 AM in response to Katrina S.

All, Followed Katrina's advice but couldn't see how to change audio settings in Quick time, BUT it did update Quicktime, which HAS sorted the issues!!

I was starting to give up hope of ever sorting this issue, so MANY THANKS TO KATRINA.

Does anyone know why iTunes didn't update quicktime as well? Did I de select a setting? Not desperately bothered, but wish hadn't had to go through the pain barrier - even more annoying if was own fault!!!

Where is iTunes 64-bit download? iTunes.com only has 32-bit

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.