Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Smart Playlist/Podcast Problems

I subscribe to Mashuptown.com's podcast and if I like a particular one, I will rate it a 5 and it should go into my Smart Playlist I set up with the rules, "Rating is 5" and "Artist (or Album) is Mashuptown.com".

However, the Smart Playlist is listing ALL Mashuptown.com podcasts and will not disappear from the list until I rate the ones I don't want a 1, 2, 3 or 4.

Additionally, when the Podcast is first downloaded and I right-click to rate it, it's already checked as a "5" but has empty stars in the rating field and I'm not able to change it to "None".

I tested a Smart Playlist with regular music and it doesn't seem to have the problem the Podcasts do.

Any solutions? I have the latest iTunes, everything is up to date. Note, this USED to work and stopped working since the last couple of iTunes updates.

Windows Vista

Posted on Nov 20, 2009 5:36 AM

2 replies

Smart Playlist/Podcast Problems

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.