Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

New podcast updating bug?

I have a new problem.

Once I listen to all the shows of a podcast on my iPhone, no new ones automatically sync.

I go to Devices>iPhone and then to the Podcasts tab, and under the Podcast list, the podcast I had been syncing is UNCHECKED! I can check that box again and hit Apply to make new shows move onto my iPhone.

I'm saying that the new version of iTunes has a bug where once you listen to all the shows of a podcast, it automatically de-selects future syncing.

Is anyone else having this problem?

Mac mini 2009, iBook, eMac, 2 iPhones, AppleTV, Mac OS X (10.6.2)

Posted on Nov 21, 2009 7:39 AM

4 replies

Dec 17, 2009 3:51 AM in response to RevMichael

RevMichael wrote:
Actually, my problem is that the new podcasts won't sync to my IPOD! Any ideas on that. They show on my list on I-Tunes, but when I sync music the podcasts don't sync in.

That's because Podcasts are not music (as far as iTunes is concerned). To Sync Podcasts, you need to check the appropriate fields on the Podcast pane, which you can find when you connect your iPod to iTunes.

Once connected, click on the device and then look for the Podcasts pane/tab.

Phil

New podcast updating bug?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.