Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Duplicate contacts and calendars on iPhone

I have two calendars and two contact lists. One is "From My Mac" and the other is "From My MobileMe". I only want my MobileMe Calendar and Contacts on my iPhone, how do I delete the ones from my mac?

G5 iMac, Mac OS X (10.6.2)

Posted on Nov 21, 2009 9:35 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Nov 23, 2009 9:20 AM

This means you've also selected to sync contacts and calendars direct with the Address Book and iCal on your Mac via the iTunes sync process. This isn't required when syncing contacts and calendars over the air with a MobileMe account and only duplicates contacts and calendars on your iPhone.

First deselect sync contacts and calendars under the Info tab for your iPhone sync preferences followed by selecting Apply.

On your iPhone, go to Settings > Mail, Contacts, Calendars.

Turn Contacts and Calendars off for over the air syncing with your MobileMe account. This will delete all contacts and calendars downloaded from and being kept synchronized with your MobileMe online address book and calendars with a warning message provided indicating this will occur. This will not delete the contacts and calendars synced direct with the Address Book and iCal on your Mac via the iTunes sync process.

Select OK and wait a few minutes for all online contacts and calendar events to be erased from your iPhone.

Follow this by turning Contacts and Calendars back on for over the air syncing with your MobileMe account on your iPhone. A merge prompt will be provided when doing so, which you want to select.

This will remove the duplicates.
1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Nov 23, 2009 9:20 AM in response to americanuck

This means you've also selected to sync contacts and calendars direct with the Address Book and iCal on your Mac via the iTunes sync process. This isn't required when syncing contacts and calendars over the air with a MobileMe account and only duplicates contacts and calendars on your iPhone.

First deselect sync contacts and calendars under the Info tab for your iPhone sync preferences followed by selecting Apply.

On your iPhone, go to Settings > Mail, Contacts, Calendars.

Turn Contacts and Calendars off for over the air syncing with your MobileMe account. This will delete all contacts and calendars downloaded from and being kept synchronized with your MobileMe online address book and calendars with a warning message provided indicating this will occur. This will not delete the contacts and calendars synced direct with the Address Book and iCal on your Mac via the iTunes sync process.

Select OK and wait a few minutes for all online contacts and calendar events to be erased from your iPhone.

Follow this by turning Contacts and Calendars back on for over the air syncing with your MobileMe account on your iPhone. A merge prompt will be provided when doing so, which you want to select.

This will remove the duplicates.

Duplicate contacts and calendars on iPhone

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.