Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Deleting photos from Photo Library

After I have sent some photos from my iPhone to my computer, I no longer want to keep them on my phone. How can I delete them? I know I can delete pics from the camera roll by clicking on the trash can on the screen, but don't see an option for that in Photo Library. (I know there has to be an easy answer here, I just don't know what it is, lol)

Thanks!

Macbook Pro (home) / iMac (office) / iPhone 3G, Mac OS X (10.5.8)

Posted on Nov 21, 2009 11:10 AM

12 replies

Nov 21, 2009 11:25 AM in response to wjosten

It IS selected in iTunes. Under the photos tab it says: Sync photos from and then I have a choice of folders there. Under that I have the options of All folders and Selected Folders (as well as Include videos)

Sorry if I am not being clear. What I am trying to do is delete selected photos from my Photo Library, not the other two picture folders that I sync with my phone.

Nov 21, 2009 11:52 AM in response to yankeegal

iPhoto stores pictures in events, photos or albums. This is where you organize your photos, not itunes. In itunes you select what events, photos or albums you want to sync to your phone. I don't no what else to tell you. You have to organize your photos in iphoto then select what you want in itunes to be on your phone.

Nov 21, 2009 1:01 PM in response to yankeegal

In iPhoto all of your photos are organized by date into Events, which makes browsing the library efficient. From there, create albums(or one album) for the various photos you want on your phone, drag the photos from your events into the albums/album, select these albums/album in itunes & sync. Unless you select all photos under the photo tab in itunes, these will be the only photos on your phone with the exception of the camera role. If you want to delete a photo from the album/albums, do so in iphoto, the photo won't be removed from your library, just the album/albums you sync to your phone.

Deleting photos from Photo Library

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.