Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

New podcast updating bug (with iPhone 3G)?

I have a new problem.

Once I listen to all the shows of a podcast on my iPhone, no new ones automatically sync.

I go to Devices>iPhone and then to the Podcasts tab, and under the Podcast list, the podcast I had been syncing is UNCHECKED! I can check that box again and hit Apply to make new shows move onto my iPhone.

I'm saying that the new version of iTunes has a bug where once you listen to all the shows of a podcast, it automatically de-selects future syncing.

Is anyone else having this problem?

Mac mini 2009, iBook, eMac, 2 iPhones, AppleTV, Mac OS X (10.6.2)

Posted on Nov 21, 2009 4:13 PM

8 replies

Jan 12, 2010 6:22 AM in response to esteves

I have checked the sync podcasts option to automatically including all unplayed episodes of selected podcasts. Unfortunately, any empty podcasts are not included the list of podcasts and thus cannot be checked/selected. It also makes no difference if I choose to automatically all episodes. Any podcast without an episode is not shown.

I do not wish to sync all my podcasts since I have quite a number of video podcasts.

New podcast updating bug (with iPhone 3G)?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.