Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Ogre.log... what is this?

there is a file on my hard drive that i didn't make called Ogre.log. When i open the file, a terminal window opens with a bunch of code about a debugger and time machine. i do not know where this file came from. any suggestions?

MacBook 1.83 Ghz Core2Duo, Mac OS X (10.6.1), iPhone 3GS 16 GB

Posted on Nov 21, 2009 10:08 PM

4 replies

Nov 21, 2009 10:26 PM in response to matt_that_guy

09-11-22 1:02:58 AM com.apple.WebKit.PluginAgent[1898] Debugger() was called!
09-11-22 1:04:11 AM Safari[1881] -[NSProcessInfo enableSuddenTermination] has been invoked more times than necessary to balance invocations of -[NSProcessInfo disableSuddenTermination]. Ignoring.
09-11-22 1:04:11 AM Safari[1881] -[NSProcessInfo enableSuddenTermination] has been invoked more times than necessary to balance invocations of -[NSProcessInfo disableSuddenTermination]. Ignoring.
09-11-22 1:23:04 AM [0x0-0x152152].backupd-helper[1934] Not starting Time Machine backup after wake - failed to resolve alias to backup volume

Nov 22, 2009 7:50 AM in response to matt_that_guy

As Baltwo hints, Ogre3D is a graphics product used for video games and other apps: http://www.ogre3d.org/

If you didn't install it, some 3rd-party app you have probably did.

09-11-22 1:23:04 AM 0x0-0x152152.backupd-helper1934 Not starting Time Machine backup after wake - failed to resolve alias to backup volume

Yes, that's a message from Time Machine, saying that after your Mac woke from sleep, Time Machine wanted to do a backup but couldn't contact the backup location. This may happen if you're backing-up to a USB or FireWire disk and it doesn't "spin up" quickly enough, or a network location such as a Time Capsule if the network doesn't contact it (and "spin up" the drive if necessary) fast enough.

(Why that message went there, instead of to your system.log where it belongs, I haven't a clue.)

See if Time Machine did a backup after the time in the message; if so, you don't have a significant problem. If not, try a +Back Up Now.+ If that doesn't work, post back with details of your setup, especially the destination for your backups.

Ogre.log... what is this?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.