Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

APPCRASH Error

I have been getting this error from time to time. I am a MobileMe subscriber and sometimes my iPhone doesn't play nice with my PC and I will notice this error and I have to manually sync to get items to look right.

Any advice? Thank you in advance.

Problem signature:
Problem Event Name: APPCRASH
Application Name: dotmacsyncclient.exe
Application Version: 8.4.36.0
Application Timestamp: 4a733bc6
Fault Module Name: CoreFoundation.dll
Fault Module Version: 8.4.441.10
Fault Module Timestamp: 4a7c8f8b
Exception Code: c0000005
Exception Offset: 0000af80
OS Version: 6.0.6002.2.2.0.768.3
Locale ID: 1033
Additional Information 1: ad71
Additional Information 2: d4955b6bfde70aa8f38826468d9e8d90
Additional Information 3: 2f99
Additional Information 4: 51dfdd95d1764171ebe5d1dc0e4c07a1

Read our privacy statement:
http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/?linkid=50163&clcid=0x0409

Dell 720 XPS, Windows Vista, Q6600 : 4 GB RAM : 8800GT SLI

Posted on Nov 22, 2009 7:10 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Dec 2, 2009 9:55 AM

I've been getting the same error message. Did you find an answer?
3 replies

Dec 29, 2009 10:18 AM in response to dustoff99

• You are chatting with Nicholas C, a MobileMe Support Representative
• Hi, my name is Nicholas C. Welcome to Apple!
• Charles Dent: I have been getting this error from time to time. I am a MobileMe subscriber and sometimes my iPhone doesn't play nice with my Windows Vista PC and I will notice this error. Any advice? Thank you in advance.

Problem signature: Problem Event Name: APPCRASH Application Name: dotmacsyncclient.exe Application Version: 8.4.36.0 Application Timestamp: 4a733bc6 Fault Module Name: CoreFoundation.dll Fault Module Version: 8.4.441.10 Fault Module Timestamp: 4a7c8f8b Exception Code: c0000005 Exception Offset: 0000af80 OS Version: 6.0.6002.2.2.0.768.3 Locale ID: 1033 Additional Information 1: ad71 Additional Information 2: d4955b6bfde70aa8f38826468d9e8d90 Additional Information 3: 2f99 Additional Information 4: 51dfdd95d1764171ebe5d1dc0e4c07a1 Read our privacy statement: http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/?linkid=50163&clcid=0x0409

• Nicholas C: Hello Charles, i see
• Nicholas C: Thank you for hte insight
• Nicholas C: What trouble have you done on this as of yet and also, what data types are you trying to sync ?
• Charles Dent: I am running Outlook 2007 and my MobileMe account syncs callender and contact details
• Nicholas C: Okay, the error you received is based on the ill running of something with in the PC. We can try removing and adding the software needed for syncing however, this same issue may occur.
When an error report such as this is generated, it tells us that something with in the PC is being affected and not allowing the software to perform its normal task.
Let me ask, have you downloaded the MobileMe control panel and iTunes ?
• Nicholas C: Furthermore, is this a home network?
• Charles Dent: I have not got my iPhone physically connected to my PC when the error occurs
• Nicholas C: This is not a mobileme sync
• Charles Dent: What relivance is there to a home network?
• Nicholas C: this is a iTunes sync
• Nicholas C: totally different type
• Nicholas C: if this is a home network, great. If not, could be in part to a firewal
• Nicholas C: there is always relevance with the questions, i can assure. I want to make sure i totally understand what is going on
• Nicholas C: but tell me
• Charles Dent: I have a PC which is connected to a Router. My daughter connects her PC to the same wireless Router. The Router is connected to the internet.
• Nicholas C: have you downloaded both the control panel and iTunes as welol >
• Nicholas C: well
• Nicholas C: Great, i appreciate the insight to the home network
• Nicholas C: Thank you
• Nicholas C: Have you downloaded both the control panel and iTunes ?
• Charles Dent: I have already installed iTunes and had it installed for over a year. What is the control panel and iTunes as welol
• Nicholas C: Have you run and update on the iTunes ?
• Nicholas C: To ensure its the latest version ?
• Nicholas C: Control Panel= MobileMe control panel
• Charles Dent: I am just checking for updates now.... This version of
• is the current version
• Nicholas C: perfect, lets go ahead and open the MobileMe Control Panel
• Nicholas C: we can try a few things to see if we can get the sync to go
• Charles Dent: Open
• Charles Dent: went to the sync tab and the app crashed
• Nicholas C: Now click on the Accounts tab. Then click on SignOut. Then Sign In using a false user name and password. After the denial screen, then use your correct data to log in.
• Nicholas C: okay, let me get an article to help. We are going to need to uninstall the software and add it back
• Charles Dent: tryed to sign out and app crashed
• Nicholas C: http://support.apple.com/kb/TS1681
• Nicholas C: lets click on this hyper link please
• Charles Dent: OK
• Nicholas C: If you scroll down a bit, you will see the steps in how to uninstall iTunes. Then lets uninstall the Control Panel as well.
• Nicholas C: Once done, lets try adding them back
• Nicholas C: The steps do require a restart but this is to ensure that the new software installs as it should
• Charles Dent: will i lose any data such as music etc if i uninstall my iTunes?
• Nicholas C: Good question, you will not since it should be saved locally on the hard drive
• Charles Dent: then after I have done this will I need to speak to you again?
• Nicholas C: certainly, or if you would like, i can post the next steps now and you would be able to try from there. How would this be ?
• Charles Dent: yes please
• Nicholas C: I'm sorry for the delay. I'll be right with you.
• Nicholas C: Okay, after installing the needed software. Click and open the MobileMe Control Panel. Then click on the Accounts tab. Then click on SignOut. Then Sign In using a false user name and password. After the denial screen, then use your correct data to log in.

After this, click on the Sync Tab. Then make sure the box for Synchronize With MobileMe" is checked. You may get an error message but click on Use Same Name. Then check the data you would like to sync in the menu below. Then click on Sync Now .Then click on Merge Data.
• Nicholas C: After this, you should be able to sync the data both ways
• Nicholas C: now if not and the issue with the error message still persist, then Microsoft may need to be contacted and asked about that error message
• Nicholas C: This may mean that something else with in the PC could be preventing the link to the syncing servers
Charles Dent: OK. Thanks. Is that everything?
• Nicholas C: That should be it, just know if we can provide further insight, then please chat us back. We are here for 24/7. Have a great day and awesome New Year
• Charles Dent: Ok I will try that thanks for everything.
• Charles Dent: will Mobile me be installed with iTunes?
• Nicholas C: I'll be right with you.
• Nicholas C: Good question, MobileMe uses both iTunes and the MobileMe Control Panel which are both downloaded from the Apple web site.
Think of it like this, iTunes is the cars engine and the Control Panel is the steering wheel.
Once you sign into the Control Panel, you will be able to begin syncing with the servers
• Nicholas C: Hey, do you know how to get a copy of this chat ?
• Nicholas C: Just so you have your own copy of this ?
• Charles Dent: So ... does MobileMe control pannel get installed with the iTunes software v (9.0.2)
• Nicholas C: It does not, its a separate download
• Nicholas C: http://support.apple.com/downloads/MobileMeControl_Panel_forWindows
• Nicholas C: here is the URL for it
• Charles Dent: Thanks
///////////////////////////

Seems to have resolved the issue

APPCRASH Error

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.