Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

generic three button driver for mac os9

Is there a generic three button driver for Mac OS9? I'm using a generic mouse and it works fine under OSX 10.4.11 on my B&W G3 but when I boot into OS 9.2.1 the scroll wheel doesn't work and for contextual menus I have to use control-click as if it were an original Apple mouse.

Thanks for any info!

G3 400 BW/ 1 GB RAM/ 120GB HD/ DVR-111D/ ATI Radeon 9200/ Tempo Trio 133, Mac OS X (10.4.11), iBook G4 1.33 GHz/ 1,25 GB RAM/ 60 GB HD/ 150 GB HD FW/ Mac OS X 10.4.11

Posted on Nov 23, 2009 10:57 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Nov 23, 2009 12:13 PM

Hi, nOmada -

I think you'll find that USBOverdrive will more than meet your needs. I use it with my MS Intellimouse Explorer mouses in OS 9; it can handle at least five buttons plus scroll wheel, and allows setting different funtions for the buttons in different programs, switching sets on the fly as you switch from program to program. You can get the OS 9 version from VersionTracker via this webpage -
USB Overdrive
3 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Nov 23, 2009 12:13 PM in response to nOmada

Hi, nOmada -

I think you'll find that USBOverdrive will more than meet your needs. I use it with my MS Intellimouse Explorer mouses in OS 9; it can handle at least five buttons plus scroll wheel, and allows setting different funtions for the buttons in different programs, switching sets on the fly as you switch from program to program. You can get the OS 9 version from VersionTracker via this webpage -
USB Overdrive

generic three button driver for mac os9

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.