Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

All Chapters (Scene Selections) Play From Beginning

I created a movie in iMovie HD (version 6.0.4). I created the chapters and titles as well. Imported the movie into iDVD (version 7.0.4). The scene selections correctly show the chapters and titles. But when I select a scene, each scene STARTS AT THE BEGINNING OF THE MOVIE. What happened and how do I fix this?

iMac G5, Mac OS X (10.5.8)

Posted on Nov 23, 2009 1:34 PM

5 replies

Nov 23, 2009 6:23 PM in response to DaphneC

Suggestion:

Delete all encoded assets from the Advanced Menu file. you'll need to reset chapter markers again either within iMovie or iDvd. Once this is completed, do not go back / alter the original iMovie project file whatsoever. Burn a disc image file to the desktop. Test it with apple's dvd player for proper playback and correct scene selections. Assuming it plays exactly as expected, then burn to Verbatim Dvd-R at 4x.

Hope this helps but if not just come on back. Good luck.

User uploaded file

Nov 26, 2009 12:44 AM in response to DaphneC

This is a known bug in iDVD 8/9...(the version you have is iDVD8).

This situation happens when you make any edit to an iMovie that you have already put into an iDVD project. When you reopen iDVD, you receive the message that iDVD recognizes that 'assets have changed' and asks if you want iDVD to update. You, of course, say agree to the update because the only other choice is 'cancel.' It then appears that iDVD is making the changes, but a bug prevents it from doing this properly.
The end result is that all chapter markers default to the same point....usually near the new edits, but not always.
There is no 'fix' for this. You must create a new iDVD project and drag the edited iMovie into it.

The new lesson is that you should not make any edits...even a small change such as a spelling correction in a title...after putting your iMovie into your iDVD project.

All Chapters (Scene Selections) Play From Beginning

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.