1653 Views 2 Replies Latest reply: Nov 27, 2009 5:52 AM by bobwild
The Apple TV does not have a CD/DVD/BlueRay reader.
I have only had the Apple TV for two weeks but it plays:
- all the music in my Macs iTunes
- music purchased from iTune store
- youtube videos
- displays my pictures from my iPhoto and Aperture
- Movies purchased from iTune Store
- TV shows (HD) purchased from iTunes store
- movies and TV shows I have on my Mac (including my previously purchased and ripped DVD movies and TV shows) that I have converted to m4v or mp4 format. As Apple says "If you can't add or play a movie in iTunes or QuickTime Player, then you won't be able to convert it to play on Apple TV. Some examples of movies you can't add or play include WMV, AVI, DivX, RealMedia (rm), and Flash format files. Some third-party utilities may be able to convert these types of movies to a format compatible with iTunes and Apple TV."
Note: all the content can reside and can be played on both the Apple TV and Mac.