Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Button Manager Application- Crashes Email (Entourage)

These button manager applications keep coming up NO67U_Button Manager and N124U_Button Manager and crashing my email application.

How do I get rid of these? I can't find them on my hard drive. I did find them on so old system files from a previous hard drive (that got moved to my new hard drive when I migrated to a new Mac).

Spotlight and Finder searches come up with nothing. Is there a terminal command I can use to shut them off?

Thanks

Mac Mini (Intel) Macbook (Intenl), Mac OS X (10.6.2)

Posted on Nov 27, 2009 6:21 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Nov 27, 2009 3:28 PM

This is a new complaint so I'm not sure what a button manager is, but have you checked your login items in System Preferences to see if it's listed there?

If you Log Out and hold down Shift key when logging into your User's account, does the problem go away?
6 replies

Nov 27, 2009 3:39 PM in response to Jim Allen

There is (was) a +Button Manager+ that was part of the backup software supplied on Western Digital disk drives.

When doing a Finder search for them, be sure to include +System Files.+

As I recall, there were some similar posts several months ago. There may have been some items in the user's Login Items +(System Preferences > Accounts > Login Items).+

If nothing's found there, try these locations:

/System/Library/LaunchAgents
/System/Library/LaunchDaemons

the same folders in /Library

the same folders in each <home folder>

Once you find any thing(s), note where it was and move it to your desktop, then Restart. When you're sure it's not needed, delete it.

Nov 27, 2009 5:49 PM in response to Jim Allen

Jim Allen wrote:
Thank you very much. I found the applications in the CFM Support folder in the Library system folder. I put them on the desktop and restarted.

One last question, how will I know that I don't need these applications?

If something doesn't work, and/or you get some sort of message referencing them!

If you're not using WD's software, you're probably fine. But I did find an old thread about it also being downloaded with some scanner software (Canon, I think). So just let them sit for a while; they won't hurt anything as long as they're where they are.

Button Manager Application- Crashes Email (Entourage)

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.