Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Pictures gone after "successful" import. HELP!!!

Wow. So I just imported 400+ photos into Aperture 2. I've NEVER had a problem before. After they imported, I went ahead and decided to erase them from my compact flash card (yes, I realize now that that was dumb, dumb dumb. But, again, never had a problem before).

Anyways, the photos are not in the folder I imported them too, and I can't find them anywhere on my drive at all. Any ideas??? I don't have the time or money at the moment to use some rescue program to salvage them. This is horrible. Any help would be appreciated.

MBPRO, Mac OS X (10.6)

Posted on Nov 27, 2009 8:25 PM

4 replies

Dec 4, 2009 12:01 PM in response to macboy2000

Just a tip from someone who was there years ago: I never delete the images on the card at that import. This allows me to work on the images, review, quit, and maybe even re-open the app if its a large import I had done (paranoia).

I have several cards I rotate in use, so that one card (just imported) is always on my desk until the next card import/swap. I re-format the card only when I put it back in the camera.

Pictures gone after "successful" import. HELP!!!

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.