Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

How to organize/manage the audiobook folder???

I have a bunch of audiobooks in my itunes library. I sort them in the audiobook folder. Is there a way to create a new playlist folder to put the books I have already listened too? I tried to create a playlist folder, and then drag the audiobooks from my audiobooks icon and they wouldn't move.

imac, Mac OS X (10.5.8)

Posted on Nov 28, 2009 6:13 PM

2 replies

Jan 20, 2010 11:00 AM in response to Ryanbph1221

This is really fairly simple. I have done it two ways, one is easy the other is a little more difficult but also more elegant.
For both:
All your files in the audiobook folder;
Under File create a playlist folder and name it Books. then,
Simple way:
Highlight Books folder and create new playlist; name it the name of the book
Highlight Audiobook folder and do a search for that book title. It should identify all the tracks that are part of that book. Select all and then drag them into the playlist for that book name.
Now when you synch your pod/phone, you can remove the tracks which you have listened to. You can see this in the playlist because they will have a playcount >0.
Elegant way:
Highlight Books folder and create new Smart playlist.
It will say "Match the following rules"
Using the dropdown menu, select "Album." Then either use "contains" or change to "starts with" and then start typing the name of the book. It will try to match your typing with possible choices. Select the choice that matches your book.
Use the "+" sign to create another rule. Use the drop down menu and select "playcount." It will default to "Playcount is 0."
Hit OK and you now have a smart playlist of your book.
When you synch your pod/phone, it will automatically remove the tracks you have heard.

How to organize/manage the audiobook folder???

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.