Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Where to find my "security key"

I'm installing a new wireless HP printer and it is asking for me to provide my Airport's "security key". I have a password but can't recall a security key. Any thoughts on where to find that?

iMac, Mac OS X (10.6.2)

Posted on Nov 28, 2009 7:14 PM

5 replies

Nov 28, 2009 8:17 PM in response to Jenni Loscalzo

Welcome to the discussions!

Are you using an Apple wireless router such as a Time Capsule, AirPort Extreme or AirPort Express to create you wireless network? If so, you can locate the security "key" as follows:

Open Hard Drive > Applications > Utilities > AirPort Utility
Click Manual Setup
On the Base Station menu at the top of your screen (near the Apple icon), click on Equivalent Network Password

Your "key" will be revealed to you.

Nov 28, 2009 9:12 PM in response to Jenni Loscalzo

It sounds like you may be looking at the Base Station tab in the window at the center of the screen.

Please check my post again as I said the Base Station menu at the +top of the screen.+ Look for your Apple icon at the top of your screen. The Base Station menu is just to the right. Click on the Base Station menu and you will see the Equivalent Network Listing. Click on that.

Where to find my "security key"

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.