5065 Views 3 Replies Latest reply: Jan 12, 2010 7:52 PM by Charlotte Hokie
Luca224 & Ingo2711. Thanks for bringing this topic. on 29th Nov. I faced the same problem on my iPhone 3GS 32GB Firmware 3.1.2, iPhone stuck with apple symbol and wont start up. I have tried with 10 Seconds Sleep/wake-up button + home button to reset. But didn't work. Did google about an hour with many blogs. Finally I made a call to 3 iPhone care and spent 30 minutes and explained whatever I have done; iPhone customer care asked me to go to nearby iPhone service center in Sydney. BUT BY LUCK CLICKED ON iTUNE AND GOT THE OPTION FOR ONLINE FORUM FOR APPLE iPHONE. Many many thanks to Ingo2711 who has given the solution link and also thanks to Luca224 , who raised the issue. I feel, this is a common problem with iPhones those who using iPhone 3GS 3.1.2...... but try the link http://support.apple.com/kb/HT1808 and thanks to Luca224 & Ingo2711. PLEASE FOLLOW THE INSTRUCTION CAREFULY:
1. Verify you have iTunes 7.5 or later. Apple recommends using the latest version of iTunes.
2. Disconnect the USB cable from the iPhone or iPod touch, but leave the other end of the cable connected to your computer's USB port.
3. Power off the device (Press and hold the Sleep/Wake button for a few seconds until the red slider appears, then slide the slider. Wait for the the iPhone or iPod touch to turn off. _+(in my case - red slider didn't appear, but i pressed the Sleep/Wake button until the iPhone went off, finally it was just off... i was frustrated... tried 3 times with more patience )+_
4. Press and hold the Home button while reconnecting the USB cable to iPhone. When you reconnect the USB to iPhone, the device should then power on. +_( Do exactly as it says)_+
Note: If you see the message "Charging... Please Wait" or you see the screen pictured below, let the device charge for at least 10 minutes to ensure the battery has some charge and then start with step 2 again. +_(True ... for me it happened 3 times)_+
5. Continue holding the Home button while iPhone starts up. While starting up, you will see the Apple logo. +_( I was nearly frustrated at my 3rd attempet; my thumb was hurting as I was holding the home button for few minutes..... but finally it worked yahooooooooooooooooo...... suddenly changed my decision.... about going to 3/Apple service center)_+
6. When you see "Connect to iTunes" on the screen, you can release the Home button and iTunes will display the recovery mode message:
If you don't see the "Connect to iTunes" screen, then disconnect the USB cable from iPhone and repeat steps 3-6.
Because you must restore iPhone or iPod touch, iTunes will not recover data from the device, but if it was previously synced on the same computer and the same user account, it should restore a backup (if available). See document HT1414, "Updating and Restoring iPhone Software."
If you are still unable to restore the iPhone using this method, check Apple support for further troubleshooting and/or service options.
Note: If you sync both an iPhone and an iPod touch to the same computer, make sure you select the correct backup to restore your settings from (don't select an iPhone backup if you have an iPod touch and don't select an iPod touch backup if you have an iPhone).
**** ( BACKUP FROM YOUR iTUNES : MAC/PC; AS I GOT MY 95% DATA FROM THERE.... GOOD LUCK)******* IF IT WORKS PLEASE POST YOUR EXPERIENCE....*