This discussion is archived
5301 Views 5 Replies Latest reply: Jan 17, 2010 10:42 AM by Paul Hillman
Currently Being ModeratedNov 30, 2009 12:07 PM (in response to KMinDC)Go to this web site:
http://www.java.com/en/download/help/testvm.xml MacBook Pro 2.8 Ghz 15" / 4 Gb Ram, Mac OS X (10.5.8), iPhone 3GS
Currently Being ModeratedDec 2, 2009 3:27 AM (in response to KMinDC)Same problem here... Did you discover a solution?MAC PRO 2 x 2.8 Quad-Core Intel Xeon, Mac OS X (10.5.8), Safari 4.0.4
Currently Being ModeratedDec 2, 2009 3:52 AM (in response to KMinDC)Good news! This update did the trick for me:
Hope it works for you...MAC PRO 2 x 2.8 Quad-Core Intel Xeon, Mac OS X (10.5.8)
Currently Being ModeratedDec 7, 2009 7:29 AM (in response to NICKL0000000000000)I can confirm that installing the latest Java update from Apple fixed the issue both in Safari and FF. Thank you all who replied and for your time.
Message was edited by: KMinDCMacBook Pro
Currently Being ModeratedJan 17, 2010 10:42 AM (in response to KMinDC)Please note the update "5" mentioned above, there is now an update "6".
I already had this. The notes for Update 6 mentions " J2SE 1.4.2 is no longer being updated to fix bugs or security issues and is therefore disabled by default in this update. "
I went into /applications/utilities/Java Preferences.app and:
1) turned 1.4.2 back on.
2) made 1.4.2 first (by dragging to top)
3) I also switched Run applets to Within the browser process (which should be the Default but was not set)
I am not sure which of these are needed, but doing all of them made it work on the web page in question.MBP 2.6 and G5 1.8 GHz Powermac, Mac OS X (10.5.5), MBP: 7200 rpm 320GB HD 4GB, G5:160GB x 2 HD, 5 GB