Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Nvidia Geforce 6800 gt how to check if its for a Mac

Hi,

I have a Power Mac G5 A1047 and I need a video card, I found a Nvidia Geforce 6800 GT the part number on the card are:
G471104000523 or BFGR68256GTOC

Any way to tell if it will work on the Mac?

Cheers,
Paul

Power Mac G5, Mac OS X (10.5)

Posted on Nov 30, 2009 9:28 AM

12 replies

Dec 3, 2009 12:26 PM in response to japamac

Hi Japamac,

I going to asking you a stupid question but I'm new to this. I have an old PC which has a PCI and AGP slot. From the instruction to flash this card I understand I need to have a regular PCI video card to view what I'm doing. The Geforce card will go into the AGP slot. Now the stupid question the computer I have doesn't have a floppy drive is there another way to get to the command prompt? Then the files I need to do the flash how would I do it without a floppy drive?

Cheers,
Paul

Jan 15, 2010 9:33 AM in response to DPArt

Hi Folks,

I have run into a snag.

It Didn't work....

Any ideas? I followed this document to a tee..
http://themacelite.wikidot.com/nvidia-general-flashing

I tried
a:\>nvflash --index=0 -4 -5 -6 -j nvmac.rom
a:\>nvflash --index=0 -6 -j nvmac.rom

The PCI card I have is an Nvidia so for the index I orginally tried was 1 but it came back with an invalid display adaptor.

I have a G5 mac not sure why this isn't working I tried using the VGA and DVI ports same results. I don't need to tape the contacts since I have the G5 so I have ruled that out.
I did the nvflash --eraseeeprom as well and I'm using NVFLASH 5.77
Any ideas on what I'm doing wrong? do i need to do anything with the CWSDPMI. EXE file?

Thanks for you help.

Nvidia Geforce 6800 gt how to check if its for a Mac

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.