Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Bootcamp Firewire Drivers

Hi All,
I've recently installed a new HDD and snow leopard on my macbook pro. I'd been using bootcamp previously with no problems, however now when i run bootcamp setup [ xp sp3 installed ], it does not seem to install firewire drivers - theres a ? over the firewire controller in device manager and 2 usb devices are listed as unknown. Has anyone come across this before? have done a bit of searching but haven't found anything so far...

mbp 2.16Ghz, Mac OS X (10.6)

Posted on Dec 3, 2009 12:01 AM

3 replies

Dec 3, 2009 6:42 AM in response to pan_down

pan_down wrote:

"I'd been using bootcamp previously with no problems, however now when i run >bootcamp setup [ xp sp3 installed ]..."

I don't understand what this means. Have you tried inserting your Snow install DVD after starting up to Windows so that all provided drivers are installed?

, it does not seem to install firewire drivers - theres a ? over the firewire >controller in device manager and 2 usb devices are listed as unknown.

After doing what I mentioned above, if no joy, then, use the ?-marked item(s) (right click, double click, or whatever) to search for a newer/better driver for the device or to reinstall its present driver.

Bootcamp Firewire Drivers

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.