Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

FCS 1.5 Not all Active Directory groups visible in list

Hi,

We just upgraded Final Cut Server to 1.5 and want to make use of Active Directory groups to set permissions in FCS. I've created a few groups in AD which do not appear in the list when I want to add these to Group Permissions. I do see many AD groups but some are not in the list. I can find the group in the Directory application and also with dscl (dscl /Active Directory/domain.tld -read /Groups/fcs-editor).

Please advice.

Thanks in advance,

Martin

Mac OS X (10.5.8), FCS 1.5.1

Posted on Dec 4, 2009 4:02 AM

5 replies

Jan 22, 2010 8:59 AM in response to Vitali

I found a solution, though it might be still temporary. See if you can narrow down your Directory Search Policy. In your AD forest, you might need just one domain for your department, location, etc.
So, in Directory Utility, click on Search Policy, delete "/Active Directory/All Domains", don't apply yet, but click on the plus sign, and see what specific domains you can choose from there. Do the same to contacts.
Though still I can see now 1.592 records of groups or users when I run dscl but at least I know that AD administrators can really clean up our groups listings ( some of those groups are not being used) , and try to keep the number under 2,000.
It has to be a way to increase the default number of 2,000 in Search Policy, but I haven't had time to do that

FCS 1.5 Not all Active Directory groups visible in list

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.