Skip navigation
This discussion is archived

FCS 1.5 Not all Active Directory groups visible in list

3897 Views 5 Replies Latest reply: Feb 4, 2010 12:09 PM by Nicholas Stokes RSS
Martin van Diemen Level 1 Level 1 (5 points)
Currently Being Moderated
Dec 4, 2009 4:02 AM
Hi,

We just upgraded Final Cut Server to 1.5 and want to make use of Active Directory groups to set permissions in FCS. I've created a few groups in AD which do not appear in the list when I want to add these to Group Permissions. I do see many AD groups but some are not in the list. I can find the group in the Directory application and also with dscl (dscl /Active Directory/domain.tld -read /Groups/fcs-editor).

Please advice.

Thanks in advance,

Martin
Mac OS X (10.5.8), FCS 1.5.1
  • Vitali Level 1 Level 1 (40 points)
    We are having exactly the same problem. How many groups do you see in the Final Cut Server add group window, and how many do you see without searching in your Workgroup Manager or just running ls while in dscl interactive mode?
    Mac SE30 was the start, Mac OS 8.6 or Earlier, & all the latest  stuff
    oh, yes, I also run fcsvr_client list_groups --xml > ~/Desktop/groups.xml
    and got the list of groups that Final Cut Server "sees". I got the number of 2,094, while Workgroup manager stops flat on the number 2,000
    I found a solution, though it might be still temporary. See if you can narrow down your Directory Search Policy. In your AD forest, you might need just one domain for your department, location, etc.
    So, in Directory Utility, click on Search Policy, delete "/Active Directory/All Domains", don't apply yet, but click on the plus sign, and see what specific domains you can choose from there. Do the same to contacts.
    Though still I can see now 1.592 records of groups or users when I run dscl but at least I know that AD administrators can really clean up our groups listings ( some of those groups are not being used) , and try to keep the number under 2,000.
    It has to be a way to increase the default number of 2,000 in Search Policy, but I haven't had time to do that
  • Bryan Mangum Calculating status...
    I am still having this issue -- has anyone come up with a solution? I need to add groups to FCS but the groups are not in the truncated list.
    Dual 2.5 g5, Mac OS X (10.4.2)
  • Nicholas Stokes Level 2 Level 2 (490 points)
    You should take a look at Vitali post, narrow down the search policy, that's the only way for now.
    8 Core Mac Pro, Mac OS X (10.6.2)

Actions

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Bookmarked By (0)

Legend

• This solved my question - 10 points
  • This helped me - 5 points
This site contains user submitted content, comments and opinions and is for informational purposes only. Apple disclaims any and all liability for the acts, omissions and conduct of any third parties in connection with or related to your use of the site. All postings and use of the content on this site are subject to the Apple Support Communities Terms of Use.