Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

How to move all events of a calendar to another

Hi,

my iCal (originating from Outlook) has three calendars:

- Calendar
- Home
- Work

I would like to get rid of Calendar. Is there a chance to move all events from the calendar to another, let's say to Home? And how?

Message was edited by: MacLars

iMac i7, Mac OS X (10.6.2)

Posted on Dec 4, 2009 7:25 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Dec 4, 2009 7:59 AM

MacLars,

Welcome to Apple Discussions.

Before you do anything use iCal>File>Export...>iCal Archive... to save a copy of your data to the Desktop.

Then:
1. Use iCal>File>Export...>Export... for "Calendar," and save the "Calendar.ics" file on the Desktop.
2. Delete "Calendar" from the iCal sources pane using iCal>Edit>Delete. Quit/Restart iCal.
3. Add "Calendar.ics" by using iCal>File>Import...>Import..and click on "Calendar.ics." Click on "Import."
4. The "Add events" window will appear.
User uploaded file
5. Choose the "Home" calendar from the drop down menu in the "Add events" window.

If you are not satisfied with the results you can always use iCal>File>Import...>Import... on the iCal.icbu file which you created and saved to the Desktop.

;~)

User uploaded file
3 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Dec 4, 2009 7:59 AM in response to MacLars

MacLars,

Welcome to Apple Discussions.

Before you do anything use iCal>File>Export...>iCal Archive... to save a copy of your data to the Desktop.

Then:
1. Use iCal>File>Export...>Export... for "Calendar," and save the "Calendar.ics" file on the Desktop.
2. Delete "Calendar" from the iCal sources pane using iCal>Edit>Delete. Quit/Restart iCal.
3. Add "Calendar.ics" by using iCal>File>Import...>Import..and click on "Calendar.ics." Click on "Import."
4. The "Add events" window will appear.
User uploaded file
5. Choose the "Home" calendar from the drop down menu in the "Add events" window.

If you are not satisfied with the results you can always use iCal>File>Import...>Import... on the iCal.icbu file which you created and saved to the Desktop.

;~)

User uploaded file

How to move all events of a calendar to another

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.