Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Resize External HD partions?

Hello, I would like to split on of the partitions on my external Western Digital My Book 500GB HD. But in disk utility for all the partitions it says "this partition can not be modified." Any suggestions?

Macbook, Mac OS X (10.6.2), Western Digital My Book 500 GB

Posted on Dec 4, 2009 3:03 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Dec 4, 2009 3:08 PM

what is the partition scheme for the drive and what are the formats of the partitions in question? the partition scheme needs to be GUID or APM and the format must be Mac OS extended. to see the partition scheme select the whole drive (model, not name) in disk utility and read off the partition scheme at the bottom.
2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Dec 4, 2009 3:08 PM in response to Chaoguy

what is the partition scheme for the drive and what are the formats of the partitions in question? the partition scheme needs to be GUID or APM and the format must be Mac OS extended. to see the partition scheme select the whole drive (model, not name) in disk utility and read off the partition scheme at the bottom.

Resize External HD partions?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.