Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Keychain Access - 'kcproxy'

Hey Everyone,

Not sure if I am posting this in the right topic list so I apologize for that.

I have had my Mac for a little over a year, however, I have not tinkered with it too much on a utility side. So, I was at my parents house and I connected to the wireless. I needed the password to the network to connect another device. I used Keychain Access to do this. When I hit show password, I was prompted that "kcproxy wants to use your confidential information stored in "NetworkName" in your keychain." Do you want to allow access?

My question is - what is kcproxy? Is it anything I have to worry about if I hit allow?

Thank you for any help on this issue.

-Greg

MacBook, Mac OS X (10.6.2)

Posted on Dec 5, 2009 3:59 PM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Dec 5, 2009 4:06 PM

hit allow. kcproxy is a part of keychain access application. you need to hit allow so that keychain access will show the stored password for the network.
2 replies

Keychain Access - 'kcproxy'

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.