Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Christmas Smart Playlist

Hi,

I have an album of 15 songs, 5 of which are Christmas songs.

I've created a Smart Playlist called Holiday to gater up all my Christmas songs and music.

I can see only two ways of getting those 5 songs onto my playlist:-

1) change the genre of the 5 to Holiday (thus splitting the album in the iTunes window)

2) create a new iTunes rule for songs "containing" the Holiday genre and rename the genre "Vocal/Holiday" (thus not only splitting the album again, but creating a new genre thumbnail)

Is there any way of getting those 5 songs into the smart playlist without splitting the album?

Also, is there any way that I can call the genre Christmas (instead of Holiday) and keep that Holiday genre thumbnail?

regards

iMac G5, Mac OS X (10.4.11), 2.16 GHz Intel Core 2 Duo

Posted on Dec 6, 2009 2:06 AM

11 replies

Dec 6, 2009 1:18 PM in response to Chris CA

Chris CA wrote:
1) change the genre of the 5 to Holiday (thus splitting the album in the iTunes window)

How/where is it "split"?

Easiest way to get them all into a smart playlist is to add something to the Comments section such as Holiday.

Try it and you'll see. That's not a snarky answer, honest, but if you give one of your albums different genres you'll see it.

As for putting Holidays in the Comments I've already said it doesn't work.

Cheers for the input though.

Dec 20, 2012 8:12 AM in response to NeddySeagoon

Similar issue, can anyone get their heads around this

I have a smart playlist for my Christmas music. Matching "any" of the following rules

Name contains Christmas

Name contains Xmas

Artist contains Christmas

Album contain Christmas

Album contains Xmas

It's works okay but of course this covers all media types, so it's pulling in a couple of Christmas films ,TV programs and videos. To resolve I added to the matching criteria, Media is Music. I expected this to do the job except adding the media type caused it to ignore the other matching criteria and pulled in all the music in my library, not just the Christmas stuff.

I tried building the smartlist again, starting with the media type, but still doesn't work.

Lot's of head scratching, but no solution so far.

Thoughts anyone? Thanks, Dan.

Christmas Smart Playlist

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.