Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

No Batteries Available

I just had my battery replaced by Apple under applecare about a month ago. And for the past week in the battery status there is an X through the battery symbol and says that there are no batteries available. They put a new battery in when they replaced it, and I also got a brand new charger. The light is always green and when I pull the plug the computer will die. The little button on the battery also only fashes 1 light green. Does anyone know what would cause my batter to all of a sudden stop recognizing the battery? I'm going to make an appt at apple but was wondering if anyone could save me the time...Thank all!

MacBook, 20" iMac, Mac OS X (10.5.4), iPod Touch 16GB

Posted on Dec 6, 2009 1:07 PM

3 replies

Dec 7, 2009 8:35 AM in response to CookieTrog

It sounds as though your original battery was replaced by a defective one. Do you still have the original battery? If so, put it back in and see if it is detected. If it is, that would confirm my theory. If it is also not detected, then there is a problem with the computer.

In either case you'll want to go ahead and carry the MacBook in to the store for them to have a look. Be sure to [make an appointment|http://www.apple.com/retail] first or you could wait a long time to see a Mac Genius.

Best of luck.

Dec 7, 2009 3:02 PM in response to CookieTrog

Hi Cookie,

When the battery was replaced, did it ever work or was the machine immediately showing the "X" over the battery icon in the menu bar? I've seen some machines where it's the cable that connects between the logic board and battery that's problematic, not the battery itself.

I agree with Laundry's suggestions. However, if the Apple Store replaced your battery under AppleCare then they more than likely kept the old (defective) battery.

No Batteries Available

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.