Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Clearing Safari cache completely

Hi,

I have a touch with OS version 3.1.2. Even after force quitting Safari (push Sleep/wake button, then hold down Home button until the app closes) and then going to Settings > Safari > Clear History/Cookies/Cache, I find that certain webpage data is stored. Specifically, if I browse to google translate, a list of previously translated phrases remains. I'm wondering if this is specific to google, or if cached data associated with other websites is also being stored behind my back?

iPod touch, iPhone OS 3.1.2

Posted on Dec 7, 2009 1:05 AM

5 replies

Dec 8, 2009 12:50 PM in response to Jim VanLeeuwen

Jim VanLeeuwen wrote:
To clear the Google search cache, open Safari, go to your bookmarks, select history at the top of the bookmarks list and select clear. That will also clear the google search cache which is not cleared when using Settings.

No this does not work, the translated expressions are still present. To be clear, the site I am referring to is *Google UK's Translate page*, the URL of which is:

www.google.co.uk/m/translate#

Clearing Safari cache completely

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.