Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Access Privileges prevent me from transferring purchases

I can't seem to transfer purchases from my iPod touch (2nd Gen 16GB) to my computer. I've got a video and some music but when I tell it to transfer purchases it shows them for less than a second and then says I "don't have enough access privileges for this operation." It's my computer and the only one I've used with this iPod. It is authorized, and I've logged in and out of iTunes on both the computer and the iPod. Everything else works, so I think it's just a folder that doesn't have the proper privileges - which I know how to change if I could find the folder. I've tried every folder that I can think of, but I can't find where iTunes holds it's videos, that may be the one. Any help would be appreciated!

iMac G5, Mac OS X (10.4.11)

Posted on Dec 7, 2009 4:10 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Dec 7, 2009 4:19 AM

Did you try to repair permissions using the disk utility program?
Create a new user account on your mac, log in and see if you can transfer your purchases. If you haven't already, make sure to disable autosync before you connect your ipod.
3 replies

Dec 7, 2009 4:40 PM in response to Ingo2711

Thanks for the info! It helped but I'm not sure if I've solved the problem.

I restored privileges on my mac (but that didn't fix it) and signed in as my son (who didn't have itunes set up yet) and was able to transfer the purchases there, then drag them into my music folder. I then had to change all the privileges of the files and folders. The files show up in the "purchased" list, not the "purchased on (ipod name)" list.

I have my music (and tv show) but I don't want to have to go through this every time I buy something on the ipod. I'll try again and see if it works this time.

Access Privileges prevent me from transferring purchases

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.