Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

"The iPhone cannot be synced. The required file cannot be found."

I just took my phone in to Apple and got a warranty exchange for a faulty battery. When I got home to restore from a back up, I get the error message, "The iPhone cannot be synced. The required file cannot be found."

Everything synced okay this morning (with my old phone); all my software is up to date.

Any ideas as to how to proceed? I'd prefer not to have to create a new user from scratch since then I lose all the data associated with various apps.

MacBook Pro 15" (late 2008), Mac OS X (10.6.2)

Posted on Dec 8, 2009 1:46 PM

5 replies

Jan 31, 2010 11:03 PM in response to Argelius

I'm getting the same error with my iPhone 3G, but I don't have any pictures to sync and photo syncing is turned off. I'm on Windows 7, 64-bit. I've uninstalled and reinstalled iTunes 64 and 32-bit several times, to no avail. I spent an hour at the genius bar on Friday and we got apps to sync but once I went home to sync my songs I started getting the same error, and it couldn't sync apps anymore. I'm so frustrated I just want to throw this thing in the trash. Does anybody have any help into why I might be getting this problem when trying to sync apps? It was working fine for over a month on this computer then suddenly stopped working for some reason a few weeks ago.

"The iPhone cannot be synced. The required file cannot be found."

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.