Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

RTF Files in Pages 09

I am having some issues using Pages to open and edit files with and RTF extension. I have no choice but to use an RTF file since our ERP system generates the file. My problem is Pages does not keep the correct formatting of the RTF file. If I open the RTF in Word or TextEdit the layout is correct. This only happens in Pages. Has anyone else experienced this? I would like to use Pages since I feel it is easier to use than Word and more sophisticated than TextEdit. How can Pages open the RTF file and retain the formatting? This seems pretty basic but I cannot seem to get Pages to open the file correctly.
Thanks, Rick

17" Macbook Pro, Mac OS X (10.6.2), Pages 09

Posted on Dec 8, 2009 2:01 PM

3 replies

Dec 8, 2009 2:38 PM in response to kbixrwb

Hi kbixrwb

Welcome to the forum.

You have to be more specific and perhaps even provide screen grabs to show the problem. See the *Help &Terms of Use* to your right to see how to do that.

Sometimes we show almost psychic ability in determining what posters are talking about, but we have our off days.

My first suggestion would be to check the same fonts are being used.

The second would be to determine if there are any missing elements that have not survived the transition and/or features not supported in Pages.

The 3rd suggestion is to click on my blue name and email me the files along with a pdf of what they are supposed to look like.

Peter

RTF Files in Pages 09

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.