Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

PLUS KEY on keyboard

*PLUS key* on my keyboard is not working. I do not remember was it working since I bought my black macbook refubrished in Apple store in Nov 2007, becouse I do not use symbols. So = equals symbol is working, but when I press SHIFT, the key is not working, I can't type PLUS symbol. When CAPSLOCK is pressed it types regular symbols like ..7890-=...

Can you help me fix it?

black macbook, Mac OS X (10.6.2)

Posted on Dec 11, 2009 5:01 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Dec 12, 2009 6:01 AM

Yeah, numlock disables all the other keys. Cant think of anything cheap or easy to fix a dead key, odd that the = works but the shift/= doesnt make the +.

If you need quicker access to the + than numlock, think about a USB numeric keypad; they can also be great for gaming.
3 replies

Dec 11, 2009 7:45 AM in response to keyboard plus key

Either shift key should enable the + sign.
Caps lock will not enable anything but numbers and primary symbols in the top row.
Numbers lock will enable the + sign in the ? / key in the 'numbers lock key pad' the mjkluip789/; pad

So you have a workaround to make a + sign by using the numbers lock(F6), but can you pursue any warranty(applecare) for your keypad malfunction?

Happy Typing

Dec 12, 2009 5:16 AM in response to lancia

Thank you for advice! Numlock enabling + if I type /? key.

But I found one more problem. When Numlock is enabled and I use symbols/numbers keys the only keys working are 789/= I mean `123456 are not working when numlock is pressed. That's not normal, is it?

I haven't any warranty and even don't have any official Apple service office here where I'm living now.

I still hope there's any simple way of solving the problem..

PLUS KEY on keyboard

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.