6 Replies Latest reply: Dec 14, 2009 3:36 PM by David Bogie Chq-1
Jim Rogalski Level 1 (0 points)
My second display monitor - an older 17-inch Apple monitor - that I use for displaying my canvas window, has gone negative. I've tried the control-option-command-8 route, but that only makes the second monitor normal, and turns my Macbook Pro monitor negative. Can't seem to find an answer on the Apple forums. Any help greatly appreciated.
  • Jim Rogalski Level 1 (0 points)
    Anyone?
  • David Bogie Chq-1 Level 7 (25,490 points)
    this more of a Mac hardware issue, not FCP. You might have gotten faster response in that forum.

My second display monitor - an older 17-inch Apple monitor -< </div>

Older usually implies there is a power supply/convertor box attached to it. If so, unplug it from the computer and from the wall. Let it sit for a few seconds, go get a cup. Power it up.
    This usually clears up this problem with ours. Sometimes just unplugging/replugging the display cable from the box can fix it.

bogiesan

Message was edited by: David Bogie Chq-1 sixth grade typos
    Thanks for responding, David. I did unplug the monitor from both the computer and the wall, to no avail. But I will try again tonight when I'm back home, making sure to unplug the monitor from the box as well, and report back.
  • Andy Mees Level 6 (12,605 points)
    could try resetting your parameter ram whilst you're about it ...

1. Shut down the computer.
    2. Locate the following keys on the keyboard: Command, Option, P, and R. You will need to hold these keys down simultaneously in step 4.
    3. Turn on the computer.
    4. Press and hold the Command-Option-P-R keys. You must press this key combination before the gray screen appears.
    5. Hold the keys down until the computer restarts and you hear the startup sound for the second time.
    6. Release the keys.

http://support.apple.com/kb/HT1379
    Problem solved. Thanks David. Unplugging/replugging the display cable from the box was the ticket.
  • David Bogie Chq-1 Level 7 (25,490 points)
    Groovy.

Just to be clear, you're saying you got a positive experience out of the forums. And from ME? Rare.

Seriously, we're always glad when something good happens around here. Keep coming back.

bogiesan