Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Problem with video after render

So I just finished rendering some HD(1920x1080)footage into FCE. When I play it back like every 10 seconds I see a frame that has snow covering most of it. Wasn't sure how else to describe it so I uploaded a screen shot.

http://i973.photobucket.com/albums/ae218/ijoshjb/Screenshot2009-12-15at120302PM. jpg

The source video had none of this through out the entire video. I'm not sure what more info. I should write, but anyone have a clue why this has happened and how to fix this?

iMac 2 GHz Intel Core 2 Duo, Mac OS X (10.6.2), 3GB SDRAM

Posted on Dec 15, 2009 10:23 AM

2 replies

Dec 15, 2009 11:21 AM in response to GreenDay0202

Obviously something went wrong. It actually looks like a bad display, but it looks like it's only in your Canvas window, so it's probably not the display itself.

Have you tried exporting a QT reference movie and watching that in QT player? Does the problem show up there?

What were your sequence settings for this sequence?
Does ALL of your source media in the sequence match your sequence settings?

What version of FCE are you using?

Were you running any other apps or doing anything else on your Mac while FCE was rendering?

If it's not one of the above, you could try deleting all of your render files and re-render your sequence. It won't hurt anything, you'll just have to re-render.

Problem with video after render

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.