Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

How can I create transparent animated text with Motion and Final Cut Pro?

Hi all,

I am trying to replicate an effect that a previous video editor did in a project, but I can't contact them.

They made animated text in Live Type, and saved it as a QT movie. When this text is placed over existing video in the FCP project, the text is "transparent", basically it acts like text created in FCP (You can see the background image behind the text, like through the middle of the letter "o").

I have made some animated text in Motion, but when I save it as a QT movie, and bring it into FCP, the whole 1280x720 screen is covered by this movie, and I have to crop it so it does not cover the background image. It is all black except for the text. And of course the text is not on a transparent layer. Any ideas how I can create this effect with animated text? I've tried messing with transparency and overlay settings, nothing seems to work.

Running latest version of Final Cut Studio...

Thanks

Dave

MacBook Pro 17", Mac OS X (10.6.2), FCS 3

Posted on Dec 15, 2009 2:03 PM

2 replies

How can I create transparent animated text with Motion and Final Cut Pro?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.