Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Can Quick Time Play An Entire Album of Songs?

Is there any way to play an entire album of Music using Quick Time. I know it sounds odd, but I don't want to use iTunes. Is VLC the Only Player that is capable of doing this on the Mac? I find it strange that Quick Time wouldn't have this function on it's own without using iTunes. Sometimes I like to drop an album into a Player & just listen to the one album. Just my Preference.

"Sorry for the Double Post but the Forum asked me to Create a New Account when I logged in & Cannot change the New Accounts eMail address. It gave me a .mac account which I don't have & will not allow me to Change the eMail address. I followed Instructions Specifically."
___

Mac Mini 1.83 Intel Core 2Duo 2GB Ram, Mac OS X (10.5.3)

Posted on Dec 16, 2009 7:01 AM

6 replies

Dec 16, 2009 8:16 AM in response to Dino1956

Select all the songs in the album-->hit Quick look button or the space bar-->hit play. All the song will play one after another in the finder. The draw back to this option is you can't do anything else on the computer because the finder is being used to play the music.

You can use Automator to make a playlist. But, then again you might as well use iTunes.

If you want something fast and simple that doesn't bring up a program to play the music go the Quick look route.

Dec 16, 2009 9:39 AM in response to Dino1956

"Sometimes I like to drop an album into a Player & just listen to the one album. Just my Preference."

My preference also. I play most if not all of my "albums" on Quicktime & can still use my computer. Doing so at this very minute.

The trick is, if the albums are ones that you have downloaded from the net, most will contain a "playlist.m3u" music file. The .m3u file is the one you can drop onto QT enabling you to do whatever on your computer w/o QT stopping.

I am not that knowledgable to know how to make my own .m3u file. QuickTimeKirk may know. He is quite the QT expert. Perhaps there is a way using iTunes. The knowledgeable users in the iTunes forum may know if possible.

User uploaded file

Can Quick Time Play An Entire Album of Songs?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.