Skip navigation
This discussion is archived

Saving Documents

822 Views 4 Replies Latest reply: Dec 16, 2009 6:34 PM by Mark905 RSS
Mark905 Calculating status...
Currently Being Moderated
Dec 16, 2009 9:29 AM
What am I doing wrong? If for example, i would like to save a document in a sub-folder in My Documents, I have to save it first in the general My Documents file. Then open My Docs and drop the document I just saved into the sub folder. Is there a way to see sub-folders when saving?
MacBook Pro, Mac OS X (10.6.2)
  • Niel Level 10 Level 10 (234,430 points)
    Dec 16, 2009 9:32 AM (in response to Mark905)
    Press the blue button with the triangle at the top of the window.

(49279)
    iMac Late 2007 Core 2 Duo, Mac OS X (10.5.8)
  • captfred Level 7 Level 7 (26,225 points)
    Dec 16, 2009 9:58 AM (in response to Mark905)
    Mark, Most programs have a default directory to save files, most of the time it's My Documents. To save in a subdirectory below that you can select "File" - "Save As" -... You will then have the choice of directory/subdirectory.

Cheers
    iMac 27" i7, iMac 20", MBPro, MBAir, iPhone 3GS, TV, Airport Extreme, Mac OS X (10.6.2)
  • Francine Schwieder Level 6 Level 6 (19,000 points)
    Dec 16, 2009 10:39 AM (in response to captfred)
    Um, no you don't need to do Save As. You are correct that many programs do default to a specific location, others default to the last folder you saved to or to the folder the file was opened from. However, you can navigate anywhere you want in the Save dialog by following Niel's instruction: expand the dialog by clicking the disclosure triangle and you get a full navigation pane.
    Francine

Francine
    Schwieder
    2x2.66 Dual Core MacPro; iBookG4; iPod, Mac OS X (10.6.2), Cinema Display, Wacom Tablet

Actions

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Bookmarked By (0)

Legend

• This solved my question - 10 points
  • This helped me - 5 points
This site contains user submitted content, comments and opinions and is for informational purposes only. Apple disclaims any and all liability for the acts, omissions and conduct of any third parties in connection with or related to your use of the site. All postings and use of the content on this site are subject to the Apple Support Communities Terms of Use.