Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Minimize itunes in Windows 7

When I minimize itunes in my newly installed Windows 7 64-bit, itunes minimzes to this "mini-player" next to the notification area on the taskbar. I hate those mini-players, never used them, and would like itunes to minimize in a old fashion way where the window simply minimize and the program icon on the taskbar stays unchanged. Can somone please tell me how to do that?

Thanks.

Dell XPS 1530, Windows 7, 64-bit

Posted on Dec 21, 2009 2:07 AM

5 replies

Dec 21, 2009 2:29 AM in response to Peter Miller

Hi peter,

Funny thing, it kind of is the other way around. The "Minimize itunes window to system tray" was actually unchecked. The "Show itunes icon in system tray" was also unchecked. Don't want the icon in the notification bar either.

Anyway, tried to check and uncheck to see if it helps, but no change. Then if I check both checkboxes I ALMOST acheive what I want. The annoying min-player disappear but I'm stuck with the icon in the notification area. I can live with that 😉

Thanks anyway 🙂

Minimize itunes in Windows 7

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.