Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Collating Pages when printing

I have just bought an Epson PX710W printer and attached it to my iMac. All works well except when printing documents with multiple pages I want them to print out in reverse order, so I select 'collate'. However whether collate is selected or not the pages just print out the same, i.e, in the order I do not want. Instead of printing pages 10 - 1 for instance, so that the result is a collated document I always get pages 1 - 10. The collate tick box appears to have no effect.

Epson tell me this is a function within the OS that is overriding the setting within the printer dialog box.

Where can I look to resolve this so I can get printed pages collated?

iMac, Mac OS X (10.5.8)

Posted on Dec 22, 2009 5:29 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Dec 22, 2009 5:53 AM

"Collate" is not the same as "print in reverse order." To collate means that if you print multiple copies of multiple-page documents, the copies will be grouped such that each full document has all the pages in order.

For example, if you print a five-page document ten times, you might get ten page ones, ten page twos, and so on in piles. Selecting "Collate" means that you'll get ten sets of pages 1-5.

So what you need to do is look for an option that says "Print in Reverse Order" or something similar.
1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Dec 22, 2009 5:53 AM in response to Andrew Turner

"Collate" is not the same as "print in reverse order." To collate means that if you print multiple copies of multiple-page documents, the copies will be grouped such that each full document has all the pages in order.

For example, if you print a five-page document ten times, you might get ten page ones, ten page twos, and so on in piles. Selecting "Collate" means that you'll get ten sets of pages 1-5.

So what you need to do is look for an option that says "Print in Reverse Order" or something similar.

Collating Pages when printing

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.