Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Keyboard Battery cap

I have a Wireless Keyboard A1255 and have lost the battery cap. Does anyone know where I can get a replacement?

Mac Pro 2.8

Posted on Dec 22, 2009 6:22 AM

10 replies

Feb 5, 2010 8:45 AM in response to JTTTTM

Same problem here, got an aluminium wirless keyboard that's missing the battery cap.

Phone a local Apple reseller who didn't have one. Told me to try Apple, called Apple and talk to a guy who had to check with his supervisor/boss. Came back with a "no we can't get a hold of a new battery cap".

Thats insane, you make thousands of these and don't supply spare parts for it? So if I buy a car and a tire goes flat would I have to buy a new car?

I really hope someone finds out a place where you can buy them.

(There is probably a factory in China who spits out a bunch of these every second. Just got to get a hold of one of the workers there.) =)

The hunt continues...

Feb 11, 2010 8:25 AM in response to pojkfittan

i managed to make an battery cap on my own. It wasn't so difficult really!
i put inside the keyboard 2 of the batteries, and fold some paper(ina the battery shape) to be 0,5cm shorter that a battery since the cap has to pressthe batteries when inserted.
Then i covered the rest of the remaining battery chamber with a thin SINGLE layer of aluminum foil.
In the end i filled with thermal silicone, where before it was cold i opened α slot with a screwdriver so i can screw-unscrew my new cap.

When it was cold i unscrewed my new cap, replaced the paper with the 3rd battery and closed again with the screwdriver..

Now my keyboard is working like a charm

Feb 11, 2010 6:03 PM in response to jerseyfreeman

I have your solution for a MC184LL/A apple wireless keyboard battery cap. I was a bit annoyed at the fact that there were no spare parts to be found, and paid the 80 bucks for my Wireless blue tooth slim keyboard jumpoff, and told to buy a new one. Somehow lost the battery cap, and didn't want to pay out again, so here you go.

Go to Your favorite hardware store's, Hardware Section, your looking for their 2" long, 5/8" thick Hex Screws probably at the bottom with other larger screws. should cost $1. 9/16" is the technical width of the apple battery cap, great size choice apple, but 5/8" screw works for my solution.

Tinfoil about 1"x3" wide strip fold up enough so it will fit inside battery compartment.

Put in the 3 batteries flat side up, put the piece of tinfoil on the last battery, screw in the hex screw till its snug, press power, you have a working bluetooth keyboard. (Looks frankensteinesque) So if you have a metal saw, you could trim it down a bit and make your own more ergonomic caps.

Until I get a metal saw, Im working with this: (see picture)
http://gallery.me.com/vtmhealy#100014/Keyboard

No Pretty but it works.

Keyboard Battery cap

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.