Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Lacie External HD keeps going to sleep!!

My Lacie External Hard drive always goes to sleep when I'm not using it and I was wondering is there anyway that I can keep it from going to sleep?

Any help would be GREATLY appreciated. Thanks.

Posted on Oct 22, 2005 10:02 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Oct 22, 2005 10:06 PM

Have you tried the Energy Saver setting in the System Preference pane?

(Apple) -> System Preferences -> Energy Saver

Select Sleep and look for [X] Put the hard disk(s) to sleep when possible

Cheers,
Ian
11 replies

Oct 23, 2005 11:40 AM in response to Ian Dunlop

Hey Ian,

Yeah, I tried that before but it doesn't work. My Lacie hard drive still goes to sleep. I thought I heard there was something within the Developer's tools in xcode that let's you customize which hard drive or partition you want to go to sleep and which ones you don't, but I'm not sure.

Anyone else with some insight?

Oct 23, 2005 2:11 PM in response to Quin

Hi Quin,

For the record, I had the exact same problem after attaching my Lacie hard drive to a new Power Mac G5. It would go to sleep after a few minutes. After unchecking that box the problem went away.

I wonder if it has anything to do with being on a Powerbook. Does this happen when you're attached to a power source?

Cheers,
Ian

Lacie External HD keeps going to sleep!!

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.