Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iTunes privileges

Ive searched on here and cant find any solutions, so Ill ask to see if anyone has any ideas....

I have a new iMac. I switched from windows, so its my first one. My songs for iTunes are stored on an external hard drive that is connected via usb. When I try to change the format of any of the songs, it tells my I dont have enough privileges to do so. It also wouldnt let me import one of my cds into the library either. If I go to the "get info" for the drive, there is no lock for me to open to enter a password. at the bottom of the info, under sharing and permissions, it tells me I can read only. How do I get it to allow me to edit my files?

iMac, Mac OS X (10.6.2)

Posted on Dec 23, 2009 6:04 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Dec 23, 2009 6:12 PM

If the drive's format is Windows NT filesystem, you need to either copy the contents to your Mac and reformat it from the Disk Utility in the /Applications/Utilities/ folder or install the NTFS-3G drivers.

(49400)
3 replies

iTunes privileges

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.