Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Operation could not be completed. Invalid argument

Hi - just got the ipod touch today and when I try to do anything in Safari, iTunes, etc., I get the following:Operation could not be completed. Invalid argument
Help please!!

Ipod Touch, Mac OS X (10.5.8)

Posted on Dec 25, 2009 5:33 PM

6 replies

Dec 26, 2009 7:12 AM in response to piedpeifer

Go to Settings > WiFi > and tap the little blue > next to your network name. Chances are your IP address starts with a 169.x and your subnet mask is incomplete. Your iPod is telling you that your router has not issued the proper credentials for you to logged onto your network.

With no network/router information it is pretty much impossible to give you an accurate answer on how to fix this. You can either post the details of your network or search this discussion group for possible solutions.

Jan 16, 2010 9:46 AM in response to piedpeifer

I have just fixed mt Ipod Touch.

1. Shut down your wireless router for a minute and then restart.

2. Go to "Seetings" then "WiFi".

3. Log onto your network using your normal credentials.

4. Click on the "blue" circle beside your network.

5. Scroll to the botton and renew your lease.

This fixed the problem for me, I hope it works for you.

Operation could not be completed. Invalid argument

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.